Monday, July 21, 2008

STUFFED MUSHROOMS and JALAPENO POPPERS

I cooked so much on Saturday night and had soooo much fun doing it!! I took pictures of everything and will try to share the recipes this week.
Let's start with the appetizers:
STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Here are the ingredients:
3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I just use Bacon Bits)
8 crimini mushrooms
1 Tablespoon butter
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400.
Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onions is soft.
In a bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mix, bacon and 1/2 cup of Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mix into the caps.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Here's the finished product:

********************************************

JAPAPENO POPPERS

I make this so often I don't even have the recipe anymore.

20 jalapenos, seeded and sliced in half lengthwise
8oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cups shredded cheese (any kind you want..cheddar, peperjack)
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tablespoons bacon bits (or 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled)
red pepper flakes to taste (which I forgot this time)
bread crumbs (I usually use roasted garlic flavor)
Mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon bits, garlic, and red pepper flakes together. I use my hand mixer. Fill each pepper half and put on baking sheet. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Bake at 200 for 10 minutes for hot, 15 minutes for medium.

I bought this guy just so I could take a picture of him.

Finished:


Tomorrow I'll post the recipes for the side dishes: Festival, mac N cheese, and marinated grilled vegetables.

No comments: