Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nicole's question answered

Nicole asked what American hamburger helper was like.

I have a base recipe of 1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground meat (I usually use turkey, but beef would be fine);
8oz tomato sauce, 16oz pkg of noodles, spices, and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
For American, I use tri-color rotini noodles, cheddar cheese, and I used McCormick hamburger spice, maybe about 2 teaspoons.

For Italian, I would use penne noodles, mozzarella, and italian seasoning (basil, oregano) and add a little parmesan and ricotta.

For Mexican, I would use probably penne noodles, taco cheese (or pepper jack), and taco seasoning.

You cook the noodles and brown the meat. Add the spices to the tomato sauce. Add this to the meat mix and fold in noodles. Add cheese and heat until melted.

That's it.
.
.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Cool! I've made this meal before without even knowing lol!